Thursday, March 7, 2013

Positive Discipline: Sunshine and Roses

For someone who gets irritated by vastly varied things it is amazing what does not bother me.  For one, if I truly think you're stupid, nothing you do or say will bother me in the least; you can't help it.

Or posts like this one:
Parenting -- I Quit

They don't bother me at all.  In fact, I laughed the whole time I read it, and laughed harder reading the comments. I do hate that she felt like she had to give a disclaimer so people didn't crap all over her comments, but most everyone played nicely and the comments are commisseration paradise for parents.

It is always great to read something that makes you feel less alone.  You are as young as you feel, right?  I'm 37 with 2 kids yet my 17 yr old smart ass loud mouth know-it-all self ignores that and is always first in line to deal with emotions and reactions -- it's usually fun, but not when I'm trying to use Positive Discipline with my children.

If you've ever felt like you're the only one who doesn't experience Positive Discipline as all sunshine and roses, relax:  you're human. If your automatic response to kids doing crazy things is calm and sweetness, yay you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have at it.